In no particular order, here are my observations from my first month of work:
1. It's important to remember where you parked. Leaving work and then spending 10 minutes looking for my car, trying to remember which floor I'm on, is not my idea of a good time.
2. Coffee is awesome. (remember I have two kids, and they are still not sleeping through the night every night...)
3. My window view in my office is awesome. Being outside during Houston's beautiful and too-short spring is even more awesome. Don't be jealous.
4. I am surrounded by paperwork. This must stop.
5. The brain officially begins the weekend on Fridays at 2 pm. After that, I am useless.