Monday, August 10, 2009

Hi there

To my general readership out there (all 3? 4? 5 of you?), I apologize for being so AWOL. I've been busy planning several activities for my synagogue which took place this past week so I just haven't had any time to think about what to post. Here are some random nuggets from my life:

Nugget #1: In the never-ending quest for financial harmony, my husband re-evaluated our homeowner's insurance to ensure that we are adequately covered, not too much and not too little. It turned out that we could reduce our coverage which was supposed to save us money. It did. We saved a whopping $11 a year. I'm planning on depositing that check in the bank today.

Nugget #2: My daughter is really fun with all of her "no"s. It's a hoot. Really. Really. Fun.

Nugget #3: I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. Last week my husband cooked a pot of macaroni and we had enough in the fridge to last most of the week. What a great last minute addition to a bowl of soup, or when all else fails, heated macaroni with butter and Parmesan for lunch (I'm talking about lunch for the kiddo). So this week I made rice for the week. What a time-saver!

Nugget #4: We went to a Muslim wedding this week. That was really educational.

Nugget #5: I now use an old tube sock for my cleaning. I dust with it and it's great! My hand doesn't get dirty and I'm able to really get into the corners. Why does this excite me so?

1 comment:

  1. 1) Whats the best way to stretch $11 these days?
    2) I'm so glad you have a daughter that stands up to you
    3) Brilliant!
    4) Education is good
    5) Because you're a dork.

    :)

    ReplyDelete