Saturday, January 24, 2009

A new hobby

As of very recently I now have a lot of free time on my hands, and since I am not used to so much free time I need to come up with ways to stay productive. For reasons that are unknown to me and I cannot explain, I have picked up a crafting hobby of sorts. This is ironic because I have always HATED arts and crafts time (either at school or camp) and I have an inability to come up with anything on my own (which was why I didn't like my music composition class, or why I always cook from a recipe, never from my own ideas). So why I have this desire to do crafting is beyond me.

But, it is what it is, as a great sage once said (and I frequently repeat), so I succumbed to my local Hobby Lobby.

So far I like crafts that deal with paper. I have made a photo album for a friend (photo to be posted soon) and I made a laminated sign for the Al Netilat Yadayim (ritual hand-washing) blessing. My husband bought me a
crafting book, and I checked out other crafting books from the library. However, I am still in search of good ideas of what to craft.

If you have an idea of what I can do, please share. Since I am (very) new to this, every idea is a good idea and I will appreciate your input.

2 comments:

  1. collage
    scrap book
    book marks
    learn the art of paper-cutting
    snowflakes (for when you miss the east coast)
    create your own wrapping paper
    create your own gift bags
    decorate storage boxes
    anything decoupage?
    take the time to create a holiday book for Yael now (because crafts take time to make), and then when Rosh Hashana rolls around, you can go through each holiday with her as they come up during the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely scrapbook. its a great way to keep pictures and its not as boring as an album

    ReplyDelete