Thursday, July 29, 2010

An unwanted cookie

I was at an early-morning meeting at work today and when the meeting ended one of the attendees brought out a box of homemade chocolate chip (with pecans!) cookies.  And edible glitter

(Who knew there was edible glitter?)

So here I was, with a finance director and a chief nursing officer, and we're looking at the box of cookies (mind you, this was before 10 am) and both of them are encouraging me to take a cookie.

As cool as the glitter was, I did not want a cookie.

However, since I was outranked, I felt no choice but to take a cookie.  I felt like I was taking one for the team.

So I took a cookie.  I admired its shimmering glitter.  But as much as I love chocolate chip cookies (and I mean, I really do love chocolate chip cookies), I simply could not bring myself to enjoy that cookie so early in the morning.  It was just too much for me.

So I walked down the administrative hall with this cookie on my paper pad, looking slightly less than professional, hoping that no one would spot me and my cookie.

And so began my workday...

No comments:

Post a Comment