I could have titled this post so many different ways, it was hard picking just one title.
Perhaps the guy missed the day this was covered in science class.
Perhaps the guy didn't watch the bomb episode on Gray's Anatomy in the first season.
Perhaps the guy didn't see the warning signs plastered all over the hospital.
Perhaps the guy just really really wanted a cigarette to make him feel better about being in the hospital to begin with.
A patient in a hospital just outside of town, hooked up to oxygen, tried to smoke a cigarette in his hospital room with the oxygen mask on.
That act sparked a fire, which the nursing staff put out, and he was later transferred to another hospital with a burn unit. Fortunately, no one else was injured and damage to the hospital room was not extensive.
However, what we do know is that the patient just injured himself even more, could have made the room blow up because of the oxygen, and just caused damage to the hospital room. Awesome. I wonder who will pay all of those costs.
What we don't know is whether the guy now remembers the science lesson that fire + oxygen = very bad news. Particularly when it's in your face.