Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My secret confession

Ok it's time to come clean.  I've been Zumba-ing on the sly here.  Let me tell you, it's like a whole other person is out there doing this Zumba thing.  You wouldn't recognize me (and this time around, I'm not wearing hot pink pants).

You probably wouldn't recognize me as I helplessly flail my arms around, trying to follow the instructor.  You probably won't recognize me as I try to keep the rhythm with my feet, discovering that it's so easy to trip over my own foot, and look at that, apparently my left leg refuses to lift as frequently as the instructor's leg lifts.  Thank goodness no one recognizes me in the class, actually.

I am a professional working mom by day, Zumba impersonator by night (on Tuesdays and Thursdays).

The really neat thing about Zumba is that you can make it as challenging as you want it to be.  You can move fast or slow, and actually all of the movements are fairly optional, leaving you to work out at a comfortable pace, or you can challenge yourself with increased difficulty.  It's an egalitarian workout that doesn't punish you at the end, but makes you smile as you realize that everyone is having fun and no one cares how anyone else looks.

No doubt, the next time I attend a wedding, there will be some Zumba moves to be had...

(just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment