Thursday, March 31, 2011

What is the Montessori Method?

Our kids attend a montessori preschool and we love it, but I have to admit that I'm still not able to 100% answer the question above.  What exactly is the Montessori method of education?

I do know that I was intrigued by the method that after my initial school tour, I went to the library and found the biography of Maria Montessori and I read the first part of it.

This coming Monday - April 4th - a guest speaker will come to explain what the method is all about and how it works.  If you are interested, I suggest you come check it out!

Here are the details:
Date: Monday April 4th
When: 7 pm
Where: Mr. and Mrs. Ken Freedman's home @ 4300 Mildred Street, 77401
Speaker: Dr. Elisabeth Coe, principal and founder of School of the Woods Montessori Middle and High School and Executive Director of the houston Montessori Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment